We’re looking for freelance writers to help us give our readers the best and most jam-packed information on saving / earning / investing money that can be found anywhere in Canada.
Think you can deliver?
Who we are
Based in Atlantic Canada, HowToSaveMoney.ca has become one of the top personal finance resources for Canadian consumers.
We’re on a mission to publish original, helpful, authentic, detailed, and balanced articles.
Because Canadian consumers deserve it.
Plus a travel bonus worth another $150.
Only 200 gift cards left.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for freelance writers who are passionate about saving / earning / investing money.
Being well-versed on money in one (or several – the more the better) of the following areas would be ideal:
- Cars and Transportation – Getting from point A to point B is expensive and something we all need to do. Includes buying and selling cars, car maintenance, car sharing, commuting, public transit, parking, taxis, etc.
- Clothes – Everyone needs clothes. Includes things like clothes swapping, goodwill, thrift stores, designer brands, fabric quality, care and maintenance, etc.
- Coupons – Where to get them, how to use them, places that accept them, strategies for stacking them, how to organize and be efficient with them, etc.
- Credit Cards – Includes points, sign up bonuses, rate of return calculations, churning, credit score, perks, insurance, fraud, acceptance, low interest balance transfers, risks, etc.
- Entertainment - Dining out, attractions, movies, music, video games, adventures, outdoor activities, games, etc.
- Finances – Includes banking, saving, investing, budgeting, personal finance, money saving strategies, loans, etc.
- Food and Groceries – We all need to eat so everyone wants to save on food. Combines many of the other saving disciplines like couponing, flyers, sales, rewards, price matching, etc. As well as some other ones like buying local, buying bulk, wholesalers, gardening, freezer cooking, buying in season, etc.
- Freebies – Who doesn’t love a good freebie? Need detailed knowledge about where to look and how to get them.
- Hot Deals – We want the hottest top quality deals that the majority of Canadians would be interested in, not just the latest promotion from store XYZ. Filtering to the max.
- Housing – Having a roof over our heads is necessary and expensive. Includes buying and selling real estate, rent, heating and cooling, maintenance, landscaping, yard work, furnishings, property taxes, commuting, etc.
- Increasing Income - Salary negotiation, starting a side-hustle, etc.
- Insurance – Includes car, home, life, disability, rental, credit card, etc.
- Investing – RRSPs, TFSAs, ETFs, Mutual Funds, DIY, Diversification, etc.
- Rewards Programs – Includes both retail and travel as well as Canadian and international.
- Shopping – Both online and offline. Includes sales, lowest prices, price matching, cash back, sales cycles, clearances, seasonality, gift cards, cross border shopping, direct from China, Ebay, Kijijij, etc.
- Services – Includes home phone, cell phones, TV/cable/satellite, Internet, etc.
- Taxes – Basically any way you can lessen your tax burden legally. Includes tax credits, income splitting, income deferral, tax software, tax strategies, etc.
- Travel – Includes flights, trains, car rentals, hotels, resorts, cruises, attractions, geo arbitrage, currency conversion, etc.
What’s it in for you
We get it. You’re busy…
So why add more to your to-do list? Here are some good reasons:
- You help ensure that Canadian consumers are getting the most accurate, complete, and honest money-saving tips, reviews, and stories.
- A small side-hustle income doing something you enjoy.
- Flexibility to write as many articles per month as you want.
If you’re an experienced (or aspiring) writer and want to help Canadian consumers keep more money in their wallets...
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information included:
- A brief introduction about yourself and sample articles you’ve written (include links please).
- A list of personal finance blogs and forums you frequent.
- A list of your areas of money saving interest (see list above).