|Reward Type||Airline Miles|
|Reward||1 mile / $1 spent|
|Reward Return||Up to 2.5% or more|
|Sign Up Bonus||20,000 miles|
|Grace Period||21+ days|
The MBNA Alaska Airlines Mastercard is a great airline miles travel rewards credit card because it offers a comparatively low annual fee, a huge sign up bonus, cheap companion tickets, free lounge passes, and multiple partners to redeem with.
When compared to any other miles based credit card like the
The only real problem this card has is redemption options because Alaska Airlines only flies to a select few Canadian cities. Fortunately, they have an extensive partner list that includes American Airlines, Delta, British Airways, and Cathay Pacific.
So, if you live in any major Canadian city, then these partners should be able to fly you internationally anywhere you would want to go. Keep in mind that while you can earn miles on all the listed airlines,there's only a few of them where you can redeem as well with the most prominent being American Airlines.
Sadly, foreign airlines can’t both take off and land within Canada during the same flight, so this credit card is not for those who plan to use their miles primarily for domestic travel.
Apply for this card and get the 20,000 miles sign up bonus, which is enough for a free one-way flight anywhere in Canada and the Continental USA.
- 20,000 bonus miles with your first purchase using the card.
- No limit on spending or the amount of miles that can be earned yearly.
- Miles can be redeemed on many popular airlines that fly into Canadian cities.
- Other rare perks like a $99 companion ticket per year (Alaska Airlines airport lounge).
- Lower annual fee than the typical $120 fee charged by most airline cards.
- Decent platinum insurance package.
- Extended Warranty: up to 1 year.
- Purchase Protection: 90 days.
- Travel Accident: $1,000,000.
- Trip Interruption: $2,000.
- Car Rental Theft & Damage (CDW & LDW).
- Car Rental Accident: $200,000.
- Car Rental Personal Effects: $1,000.
- Free supplementary cards.
- No option to fly with Air Canada and 100% domestic flights are not possible.
- Over limit fee of $35 when accidentally exceeding your credit limit.