I hope you're warming up to the idea of winter and Christmas because they're both just around the corner...
...and with the state of the world being quite a mess lately, it can seem like all you're going to get in your stocking this year is a lump of coal.
Not for HTS readers though!
Christmas season means one thing around here: our huge annual Christmas Giveaway where we give away $1,000 of our own money to make your holidays just a little bit easier and to take your mind off all the doom and gloom.
But first, before you enter using the form below, we want to hear what you would use the extra cash for this Christmas. Leave a comment below - we love reading about your plans, dreams, and yes ... even practical uses for the money, like paying down debt.
And why not share the Christmas spirit by sending a link to this giveaway to your friends and family?
Everyone wins when we grow this community and learn to better manage our money together.
This year we're focusing on giving away our own $1,000 but want to say a special thank you to Home Trust for donating an extra $100 Amazon.ca gift card on top of the cash prizes from us.
Here's the $1K from me that you know and love:
- 1st Prize - $500 cash
- 2nd Prize - $250 cash
- 3rd Prize - $150 cash
- 4th Prize - $50 cash
- 5th Prize - $50 cash
Here's a bonus:
- 6th Prize - $100 Amazon.ca gift card from Home Trust
Total Prize Value: $1,100
Entering is easy, just follow the instructions in the giveaway entry form below. You can pick and choose which ways you would like to enter using the form and it will keep track of all your entries up to a maximum of 15 per person.
You can use either an email address or your Facebook account to access the form. We respect your privacy. Your email address or Facebook account will only be used to contact you if you are selected as a winner and nothing else.
To ensure all your entries will count, please read and follow the instructions on the form for every step you choose to complete very carefully. It is NOT enough just to click the big blue ENTER buttons.
- Using multiple email addresses to enter is strictly prohibited and will disqualify you from the giveaway. The maximum entries any one person can earn is 15.
- You must remain signed up by email, Facebook, Twitter, etc at least until after the prizes are awarded to be eligible to win.
- The giveaway period is from 12:00am November 7th, 2016 to 11:59pm on December 10th, 2017 EST.
- Giveaway is open to all residents of Canada over the age of 16, excluding residents of the province of Quebec.
- Winners will be drawn at random starting with the first prize on down to the last prize until all prizes have been awarded. If a winner cannot be reached, refuses their prize, or is ineligible or disqualified for some other reason, then that prize will be drawn again at the time this is discovered.
- Winners will be notified within 72 hours of the giveaway ending and will eventually be announced on this site after all prizes have been delivered.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the number of prizes donated.
- Only the first 5 prizes are guaranteed by me, prizes donated by others are the responsibility of the donator but every effort will be made to ensure they are delivered as promised. The first 5 prizes will be paid out either by PayPal or Email Money Transfer at the winner's choosing.
- Skill testing question required. Winners will be required to answer a skill testing question before the prize is awarded to them.
- No purchase necessary. To enter without filling out the above form, send an envelope containing a piece of paper with your contact details on it to the following address. All mail must be received before the closing date of the contest to be considered in the draw.
500 St. George Street
I want to give a shout out to anyone who helps me promote the giveaway so I'm reserving this spot for those people.
What Would You Do With The Money?
I'd love to hear from YOU - so leave a comment letting me know how you would use the money if you won the grand prize.
If you're a regular reader: Thank YOU, we appreciate your continued support! Now, be sure to spread the cheer by sharing this contest with family and friends - they'll be happy you did.