Last year I gave away $1000 of my own money for the first time while I was barely earning anything from this site. Back then I had a full time day job and worked on How To Save Money in the evenings - it was still hard to part with that much money, but I'm glad I did!
Turns out it was a great success and this year the site is earning considerably more money, mostly from advertising and partially thanks to last year's giveaway. However, recently I made the decision to try and make my living online full time and have seen my income take a huge nosedive - *gulp*. The giveaway was so popular before though that I really wanted to bring it back again this year, so here it is again!
The prizes from me are going to be the same as last year, all cash coming straight out of my pocket!
I'm not going to try and source prizes from other bloggers this year because I feel like I tapped them out last year and don't want to always be coming after the same people for money. Thanks for the donations in 2013 guys, if you really want to participate again this year, let me know.
Fortunately, Luke from Tinker and Hack stepped up at the last minute to generously donate $250 worth of free technology of the winner's choice as an amazing 6th prize so there's even more than $1000 available to win again this year.
- 1st Prize - $500 cash
- 2nd Prize - $250 cash
- 3rd Prize - $150 cash
- 4th Prize - $50 cash
- 5th Prize - $50 cash
- 6th Prize - $250 custom technology prize package (courtesy of Tinker And Hack)
- Your choice of $250 worth of any products that they sell shipped to your door hopefully in time for Christmas!
Plus a travel bonus worth another $150.
Offer ends December 21, 2018.
Total Prize Value: $1250
Entering is easy, you simply need to follow the instructions in the giveaway entry form immediately below. You can pick and choose which ways you would like to enter the giveaway using the entry form and it will keep track your entries up to a maximum possible of 15 entries per person.
You can use an email address or your Facebook account to access the giveaway form. We respect your privacy. Your email address or Facebook account will only be used to contact you if you are selected as a giveaway winner and for nothing else.
To ensure your entries will count, please read and follow the instructions for every step you choose to complete carefully. It is NOT enough to just click the the big green buttons.
- Using multiple email addresses to enter is strictly prohibited and will disqualify you from the giveaway. The maximum entries any one person can earn is 15.
- You must remain signed up by email, Facebook, Twitter, RSS, etc at least until after the prizes are awarded to be eligible to win.
- The giveaway period is from 12:00am November 20th, 2014 to 11:59pm on December 17th, 2014 EST.
- Giveaway is open to all residents of Canada over the age of 16, excluding residents of the province of Quebec.
- Winners will be drawn at random starting with the first prize on down to the last prize until all prizes have been awarded. If a winner cannot be reached, refuses their prize, or is ineligible or disqualified for some other reason, then that prize will be drawn again at the time this is discovered.
- Winners will be notified within 48 hours of the giveaway ending and will eventually be announced on this site after all prizes have been delivered.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the number of prizes donated.
- Only the first 5 prizes are guaranteed by me, prizes donated by others are the responsibility of the donator but every effort will be made to ensure they are delivered as promised.
- Skill testing question required. Winners will be required to answer a skill testing question before the prize is awarded to them.
- No purchase necessary. To enter this way, first send an email to no-purchase [at] howtosavemoney.ca and then a mailing address will be provided to you where you can snail mail your request to be entered in the giveaway.
I want to give a shout out to anyone who helps me promote the giveaway so I'm reserving this spot for those people.
- Tinker And Hack for generously donating a fantastic $250 prize that makes me want to enter my own contest! You can see some of their cool cable TV cord-cutting technology here.
- Mark from My Own Advisor for sharing the contest on social media through his blog.
- Robb from Boomer And Echo for sharing the contest on his blog.
- Daniel from Urban Departures for sharing the contest on his blog.
- FrugalTrader from Million Dollar Journey for sharing the contest via social media.
- Contests at AllCanadaContests
How Would You Use The Money?
Leave a comment letting me know how you would use the money if you won the grand prize or just letting me know that you entered for the fun of it!