You read that right! I'm giving away $1000 of my own hard earned money in cold hard cash this Christmas in what I hope will be one of the biggest giveaways the Canadian personal finance blogging scene has ever seen.
In addition, I’m going to be contacting every Canadian personal finance blogger I know and imploring them to donate additional cash and prizes by begging on my hands and knees to make this one of the best giveaways ever! Of course, I will thank them profusely for this and write them a huge IOU for helping me up the ante and give out some amazing prizes to my amazing readers.
Giveaway Over - How About A $100 Gift Card Instead?
The giveaway is now over but if you want guaranteed cash instead you should check out my new article that shows you how you can get a free $100 gift card to one of 50 popular Canadian stores and restaurants:
Plus a travel bonus worth another $150.
Offer ends December 21, 2018.
Why I’m Doing It
You might think I’m rich or that this blog generates a ton of income for me, but trust me when I tell you that $1000 is more than this blog has generated in income in a looong time. I make way less money per hour here than a minimum wage worker at Tim Hortons does, that’s for sure!
You see, I’m actually making up for lost time with this giveaway because I’ve always meant to do an anniversary giveaway celebrating my blog getting one year older ever since I launched this thing back in 2010, but I never followed through. So I decided, why wait any longer and why wait for the next anniversary to roll around? Christmas is a time when everyone needs some extra money and the spirit of giving is in full swing, so now is the perfect time.
I’m also hoping that this giveaway will help me expand my readership and reach out to people who would never hear about HowToSaveMoney.ca otherwise and I think that’s good for everyone. Even if you don’t win the giveaway, learning to save money without cutting back by reading my articles is already worth the price of admission – FREE.
As more bloggers hopefully come on-board I will update this list of prizes with their donations, but the first 5 prizes are all from me and are guaranteed. Delivery of the other prizes will be the responsibility of the individuals who donate them and therefore cannot be guaranteed by me.
- 1st Prize - $500 cash
- 2nd Prize - $250 cash
- 3rd Prize - $150 cash
- 4th Prize - $50 cash
- 5th Prize - $50 cash
- 6th Prize - $100 Amazon gift card (courtesy of BargainMoose)
- 7th Prize - $25 cash (courtesy of My Own Advisor)
- 8th Prize - $50 Amazon gift card (courtesy of Young And Thrifty)
- 9-11th Prizes - 3 copies of the More Money for Beer and Textbooks book (courtesy of My University Money)
- 12-13th Prizes - 2 seats in the Launch Now course (courtesy of Studenomics)
- 14th Prize - $25 cash (courtesy of Sustainable Personal Finance)
Total Prize Value: $1654
Entering is easy, you simply need to follow the instructions in the giveaway entry form immediately below. You can pick and choose which ways you would like to enter the giveaway using the entry form and it will keep track your entries up to a maximum possible of 12 entries per person.
You can use an email address or your Facebook account to access the giveaway form. We respect your privacy. Your email address or Facebook account will only be used to contact you if you are selected as a giveaway winner and for nothing else.
To ensure your entries will count, please read and follow the instructions for every step you choose to complete carefully. It is NOT enough to just click the the big green buttons.
- Using multiple email addresses to enter is strictly prohibited and will disqualify you from the giveaway. The maximum entries any one person can earn is 12.
- You must remain signed up by email, Facebook, Twitter, RSS, etc at least until after the prizes are awarded to be eligible to win.
- The giveaway period is from 12:00am November 12th, 2013 to 11:59pm on December 10th, 2013 EST.
- Giveaway is open to all residents of Canada over the age of 16, excluding residents of the province of Quebec.
- Winners will be drawn at random starting with the first prize on down to the last prize until all prizes have been awarded. If a winner cannot be reached, refuses their prize, or is ineligible or disqualified for some other reason, then that prize will be drawn again immediately at the time this is discovered.
- Winners will be notified within 48 hours of the giveaway ending and will eventually be announced on this site after all prizes have been delivered.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the number of prizes donated.
- Only the first 5 prizes are guaranteed by me, fulfilling the other prizes is the responsibility of the donator but every effort will be made to ensure they are delivered as promised.
- Skill testing question required. Winners will be required to answer a skill testing question before the prize is awarded to them.
- No purchase necessary. To enter this way, first send an email to no-purchase [at] howtosavemoney.ca and then a mailing address will be provided to you where you can snail mail your request to be entered in the giveaway.
Just a few quick shout outs to thank some people who have gone above and beyond to help me promote this contest.
- Save Big Live Better for hosting the contest on their site.
- Boomer And Echo for including the contest in their weekly roundup.
- My Own Advisor for including the contest in their weekly roundup.
- Young And Thrifty for including the contest in their weekly roundup.
- Canadian Budget Binder for including the contest in their weekly roundup.
- Canadian Free Stuff for hosting the contest on their site.
- Cash Sweepstakes at Sweepstakes-Search.com for hosting the contest on their site.
- Win Free Stuff for hosting the contest on their site.
- Contest Hound for hosting the contest on their site.
How Would You Use The Money?
Leave a comment letting me know how you would use the money if you won the grand prize or just letting me know that you entered for the fun of it!